IMPACT is a family of BIM software that provides the necessary tools for the precast concrete industry to efficiently manage, design, produce, transport and erect prefabricated elements.
IMPACT is comprised by three main areas: Project, Design and Production
These areas communicate through the same open database where the Building Information Model is stored and is available to be accessed in real time by all stakeholders. Any changes from one area are reflected immediately to the others resulting in increased efficiency, accuracy and productivity, while reducing costs, avoiding conflicts and saving time.
Click on the tabs below for information about each area
IMPACT | Project
At the Project side IMPACT offers project managers the ability to overview, support and manage all operations of a building project, from initial idea through to design, production, transportation and erection of the elements.
- Project Benefits
- IMPACT Project offers a complete insight of the project in 3D, while including summaries and reports for all elements.
- IMPACT streamlines the workflow by incorporating plans and time schedules into the drafting process.
- Scheduling of design, production, transportation and erection, with element status, allows for complete control of the progress and easy tracking of each individual element.
- The simulation function illustrates the erection sequence of the elements from start to finish, providing better scheduling and understanding of the actual erection progress.
- IMPACT helps to create rough estimations of delivery and cast dates to make sure that the project is on track from the start.
IMPACT | Design
In the Design part the user is able to design the entire building and create a three dimensional model (the Building Information Model – BIM) from which data for the elements can be extracted in order to automatically generate shop drawings, assembly drawings and reports.
IMPACT is specifically developed to handle different types of building elements and the connections between them. The information includes reinforcement, cast-in material, joints, electrical and other components for slabs, hollow core and form slabs, walls, sandwich and double walls, columns and beams.
- Design Benefits
- IMPACT has a fast learning curve and delivers immediate results since it works within AutoCAD and Revit, while enhancing their functionality for precast concrete elements. Additionally it allows for bidirectional communication with other software such as Tekla.
- IMPACT offers high quality floor plans, shop drawings, assembly drawings and reports that are easily and automatically generated.
- Working in a 3D environment is true to life, helping designers to work more accurately, efficient and save time by avoiding and correcting conflicts faster.
- Continuously checking the model according to crane, mass, size and production capacities, contributes to the overall efficiency of the project operations.
- IMPACT component library utilizes a large number of specialist tools for maximizing model accuracy and is expandable in order to model any type of precast element in 3D.
- Any changes made to the model or to various elements, are saved to the database, where they are instantly available to the other members of the project. This helps with avoiding design conflicts and files being outdated.
IMPACT | Production
IMPACT Production is highly customizable to the needs of any precast factory, offering the ability to plan precast elements with accuracy down to individual cast units and giving managers full control of all resources in their factory.
- Production Benefits
- IMPACT provides a great overview of all projects by having the ability to reserve space in the factory schedule, keep tabs on cast units and staffing capacity, follow up on production, manage storage, take care of issues and rejected elements.
- Cast designs are taken directly from the 3D model resulting in accurate and precise casts. The process becomes simpler and with fewer steps, since design and production have access to the same model.
- Quantities of cast-in materials, reinforcement and holes are provided in a separate report. Bill of Material (BOM) lists are automatically generated and updated according to production designs, hence avoiding outdated and conflicted lists.
- Advanced cost and resource management tools give a holistic view and increased control over the project. IMPACT also supports a number of export formats to production planning systems (ERP) and production automation systems including Unitechnik, BETSY, ELiPLAN and BVBS, as well as customer specific exports.
IMPACT brings the ability to gain access to the BIM model from everywhere with the convenience of mobile phone applications.
Track element status with detailed information. Ability to scan QR codes to update the BIM database about element status.