Save up towards 30% material in your concrete structures by utilizing plastic analysis and API in FEM-Design
As engineers we always use simplified models to represent complex reality. Choosing a suitable model for our calculations is not easy. We cannot create an exact model, it would be way too complicated for us to understand or to handle. Yet, if we over-simplify, our results become crude or even wrong.
Welcome to attend this free webinar on plastic analysis of concrete using FEM-Design. With this module you can take your concrete design to a new level by considering redistribution of forces due to cracks, plasticity in concrete and reinforcement, concrete crushing, tension stiffening and plastic hardening. This is a more realistic material behavior that leads to a much higher load capacity compared to a linear elastic material model. This will enable you to utilize the reinforced concrete in a more effective manner.
By leveraging the power of parametric design, we will take our optimization even one step further by adjusting the concrete thickness and quality as well as the reinforcement size and quality, to find a solution with minimal CO2 emissions.
- Theory background
- Plastic design in ULS
- Design in SLS
- Applying parametric design for multi-variable optimization using Grasshopper
- CO2 calculation and reporting
Reasons to attend
- Implement modern technology that aligns with Eurocode methods
- Get a competitive edge by utilizing the concrete material more efficiently
- Learn how to optimize concrete structures with regard to CO2 emissions
Time: 09-10:00 GMT