With our custom company training courses, Ramboll engineers increase their knowledge in FEM-Design according to their own wants and needs.
Last year we had custom company training courses at Ramboll Sweden. Structural designer Maan Al-Haideri got a deeper knowledge of FEM-Design and he appreciated our course leader Siavash Ehsanzamir a great deal.
- Siavash has experience in working with FEM-Design projects and has extensive knowledge of the program. The best of both worlds!
During the autumn months, StruSoft completed a number of custom company training courses in FEM-Design at Ramboll Sweden.
- The purpose was to increase our basic competence and strengthen our knowledge of advanced calculations, Bengt Smeds says. He is a technical manager within building construction at Ramboll and is responsible for education in this area as well.
Course structure according to Ramboll's needs
The courses were completely company customized to Ramboll’s needs and were developed together with StruSoft’s Siavash Ehsanzamir.
- It gave us the freedom to design the courses according to our needs and add sections that are important to our company, says Bengt. A big advantage!
It was, for example, about including practical problem solutions in their everyday work, which was combined with theory. The tailor-made courses were run digitally and gathered about thirty designers in various offices around the country. Two types of courses were offered. The basic two-day course was designed for new employees and those who wanted to get acquainted with FEM-Design. For people who wanted to apply their knowledge at a higher level, there were three advanced one-day courses to choose from. The course-leader Siavash gave the participants an assignment to solve and after, they were rewarded with a diploma.
Direct connection to ongoing projects
Structural designer Maan Al-Haideri at Ramboll has attended the custom company courses in FEM-Design. One course was about timber and the CLT module and the other one about steel. He chose the subjects himself.
- Timber is the future and many customers want to use CLT in the structure, Maan says. I also have an interest in steel halls because I’ve worked with steel halls in projects.
The courses were mixed with both theory and practical training and Maan was able to ask questions taken directly from ongoing projects. He appreciates the educational ability of course leader Siavash.
- Siavash has both experience of working in projects with FEM-Design and has extensive knowledge of the program. The best of both worlds!
Maan has been using FEM-Design for three years and with the in-depth knowledge it will be easier to handle projects.
- I have learned various tricks that speed up modeling and therefore the calculations go faster. I would like to take more courses both at the basic- and advanced level, for example the 3D Soil module.