Our newly hired Johanna Riad nurtures a curiosity about how to find and improve upon smart solutions. It was therefore natural to take the step towards automation. Now she helps our customers automate their work with FEM-Design’s API. Time and resources are freed up that create added value, says Johanna.
Johanna Riad started with us at the Gothenburg office this summer. She is a civil engineer and has studied the Architecture and Engineering program at Chalmers. After that, Johanna worked as a structural engineer using FEM-Design and WIN-Statik.
Our automation expert Johanna Riad improves customers' work processes with the help of FEM-Design’s API
Growing interest in automation and our API
But at StruSoft, Johanna has a new role. The business card says, "Automated Workflow Specialist". What is behind that title?
- I help our customers get a more efficient workflow with the help of our API for FEM-Design, Johanna explains. When the user wants to customize their process, for example to generate element drawing with given rules, I develop a script for FEM-Design that handles this automatically. I also train and guide the customer when they want to develop their own scripts.
Johanna sees a growing interest among customers for automation and FEM-Design’s API.
- Many are interested and have started developing, we can then assist with our skills and experience so that the customer quickly can produce not only the script itself, but also how to work with this technology in the projects.
Why this interest in automation?
- It is quite obvious because customers see the value of our API, says Johanna. Above all, the API solution frees up time so that the user can focus on other areas in their project, such as quality assurance and verifications that there might not have been time for before. To get rid of many repetitive tasks that do not create value.
But it's not just about getting more efficient processes in the projects. The API opens for completely new possibilities, Johanna points out.
- With the help of the API, the engineer can work with, for example, complex geometries, parameter studies and optimization of structures that have not been possible before.
Training on site adapted to the customer's needs for automation
When the customer needs guidance and knowledge to quickly become productive, we hold various forms of trainings in FEM-Design’s API, adapted to the level of knowledge.
- We run tailor-made trainings depending on the number of participants. It can be an individual engineer or a group. It can be in the form of workshops or more individually, depending on the customer's needs.
Proximity to the customer's typical workday is important, says Johanna. To provide competent guidance directly on site.
- The best way to learn is to test your new knowledge. Therefore, we sit with the customer at the desk and provide support and help in programming the API so that you can move forward.
It is worth its weight in gold and increases the customer value of FEM-Design. Are you interested in automation? Feel free to listen to Johanna's webinar on FEM-Design’s API and Grasshopper.
Go to the link: https://lnkd.in/etr4DAnF