With the release of the latest StruSoft StruXML Revit Add-In 1.1.001, transfer of elements from FEM-Design to Revit is brought into FEM-Design functionality. After sending models from Revit to FEM-Design, and a possibility to update those models, this is a third possible work-flow that will soon enable a full round trip between Revit and FEM-Design.
Link: Revit to FEM-Design
- Export a Revit model to create a new model in FEM-Design.
- Export a Revit model to update a model existing in FEM-Design.
Link: FEM-Design to Revit
- Import a FEM-Design model to create a new model in Revit.
- Import a FEM-Design model to update existing model in Revit**.
** It will be supported starting from Add-In version 1.2.001
Elements that can be transferred between FEM-Design and Revit:
- Datum elements: axes and storeys.
- Foundations: isolated, wall, and foundation slabs.
- Bar elements: beams, columns, truss elements.
- Shell elements: walls and plates.
- Loads and load cases.
The transfer of data between Revit and FEM-Design is possible thanks to the StruSoft StruXML Revit Add-In. Data are saved into a XML format and the file is exchanged between Revit and FEM-Design, in both directions. It is not required that both Revit and FEM-Design are installed at the same computer.
If you want to try the connection between Revit and FEM-Design, the first step is to download and install the free StruXML Revit Add-in. The current Add-In versions are:
- StruSoft StruXML Revit 2014 Add-In 1.1.002 (32 or 64 bit)
- StruSoft StruXML Revit 2015 Add-In 1.1.002 (32 or 64 bit)
and you can find it at the StruSoft download page or in StruSoft Installer.
Detailed description on how particular elements are imported, and which properties can be transferred along with the element can be found in the User Manual. Check the introduction video showing the Expoprt from Revit to FEM-Design, and video showing the Import from FEM-Design to Revit. In case of questions please contact us.